Effective Date: March 28, 2019
Personal information includes any information about an identifiable individual. For Skinfix’s purposes this includes, but is not limited to, name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, credit card information and banking information. Personal information may not include business contact information, such as the name, title, business address and telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Our Use of Personal Information
We may use and disclose your personal information, alone or in combination with non-identifying information collected through this website (collectively, “Visitor Data”), to:
- Customize your website experience with us, including to: remember customer interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with customers; and track and categorize customer activity and interests on our website;
- Customize and/or direct advertising and marketing to you from our website, or other sites or locations, for example: if you view a product on our website, you may see ads for that product on our or third party websites and applications;
- To perform quality control and analytic functions to further enhance and develop our communications and services, such as to: create digital profiles, understand how customers use our website, products and services; generate insights and understand how customers interact with us; and improve our website, products and services;
- To carry out activities related to our operations, such as providing certain services necessary for the administration of this website, product shipment and delivery, and payment processing; and
- To gather other potential similar customers for our services, by using your information, by digital searching or other means.
Disclosure of Personal information
- Customer service and support providers;
- Shipping and fulfillment service providers;
- Payment processing providers;
- Survey and market research providers;
- Advertising partners;
- Customer reviews & testimonials providers (see customer reviews and testimonials section below)
- Analytics organizations (see Our Use of Personal Information above); and
- Technology providers (including technology support, email and web hosting providers, email and text communications providers, and mobile app developers).
The use, retention and handling of your Visitor Data may also be governed by the policies and procedures of such third-party service providers. Please note that some of our third-party service providers or partners are located outside of the United States and, as such, are subject to foreign laws, including laws that may require disclosure of personal information to government agencies in those countries.
We may also disclose your personal data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend Skinfix’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and website users or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
You may withdraw consent for the above uses at any time (except towards the use of such information for the fulfillment of Skinfix’s legal obligations) by contacting us at the contact information listed below. By withdrawing consent, you may limit our ability to provide certain services to you. The non-identifying information we collect is set out below.
Our Use of Non-Identifying Information Collected Through this Website
Customer Reviews and Testimonials
We utilize Bazaarvoice, Inc. (“Bazaarvoice”) to provide services in connection with supporting customer reviews of our products and services. Bazaarvoice provides Consumers the ability to submit reviews, and to comment on or rate goods, products and services on our website and mobile application within the Bazaarvoice Network (collectively, “User-Generated Content”). You should be aware that any information you provide in the area that is intended to collect such User-Generated Content will be published on a publicly facing website or mobile application and will be read, collected, and used by Bazaarvoice, its subsidiaries, vendors and Clients. In order to submit User-Generated Content, you may have to create an account with the Bazaarvoice Client whose products, services or goods you are reviewing or rating. During the course of creating an account, you may be asked to submit information, such as but not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address or phone number, and other data (collectively, "Consumer Account Info"). The Consumer Account Info may be collected by both Bazaarvoice and the applicable Bazaarvoice Client.
Correction of Personal Information
Individuals may inquire about the personal information that Skinfix has in its custody by contacting us at the email address below. Where we are informed personal information that is used on an on-going basis is found to be incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, steps will be taken to ensure that it is corrected.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without respect to its conflict of laws principles and you expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Skinfix in any way relating to this site resides in the Courts of the Province of Nova Scotia.
1496 Lower Water St., Suite 314
Halifax, Nova Scotia